Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Health #5 - Thursday, July 21


This is getting to be ridiculous!  52 days of severe, intense, extreme headache pain, light sensitivity, and all the other symptoms I mentioned in previous notes has got me flustered.  When I've had enough, I start putting my foot down.  I may not be a doctor, but I know my body, and I can read about conditions that are thrown at me.  I am now in the "I'm not going to live like this anymore, you can forget it!" Stage of the game.

I have a few bits of information and a few decisions I've made that I'd like to share.

1.  I have quit smoking.  For ever. If I EVER go back to it, I will be the most ashamed of myself I have ever been about anything in my entire life.  I have to do this. There is no reason on Earth to go back now.  EVER EVER EVER.
2.  I am going to continue to lose weight slowly.  I have lost almost 30 pounds over two years, and the likelihood of gaining it back when you lose it that slowly is much lower.  Also need to kill my high cholesterol.
3.  Topamax=Dope-a-MAX in my system, and is not for me.  I cannot handle the side affects, though I had high hopes for it. AND, since I don't plan to take this medicine which renders birth control useless and causes birth defects, I am NOT going to get my tubes tied....yet.  I'll wait to see the new doctor, so there still may be hope.
4.  The neuro I was seeing is no longer going to be seeing me.  MY choice.
5.  My eye exam went just fine, and my eyes are not suffering any affects of the pressure in my skull or from any pressure of their own.  My prescription hasn't even changed in three years enough to get new lenses.  So the pain in my eyes is coming from whatever is causing the pain in my head, and not the other way around.
6.  I have an appointment in Little Rock on August 15th with a Neurologist, which is another 23 days away.

When I get finished with me, I am going to be a better me than before,  Doggone it!  Meanwhile I still need My God and my friends to get me through these days when the pain makes me forget all the stuff I just said up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment