Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Health #3 - Tuesday, July 5th

Smoking Status:

Official Chantix Day 8. Official Chantix Quit Day 1: SUCCESS!  No SMOKING TODAY.  Most of the day I didn't even think about it.  Right now I am struggling through some cravings, since this is the time of day I smoked the most.  I'm supposed to take it 5 minutes at a time.  I WILL go to bed smoke free today.  Just in case anyone is wondering, it takes about 5 minutes to talk myself out of smoking. I hope you don't mind lending me your ears for a week or two while I try to get free from the addiction.

Health Status:

I have been in the darkest sunglasses I could find since I opened my eyes this morning, even now, at   I feel like a vampire.  My eyes are weak.  My head feels like a coconut hull filled with a balloon filled with rocks filled with more water than there's room for.  My eyes are squashed.  There's plenty of fog in there too, though I'm not sure how there's room for it.  I feel so dumb on this Topamax. I can't think straight to save my life.  Not that I have yet done so, but It's like I could totally put the ice cream in the car and my keys in the freezer and never give it another thought.

I have an appointment with my Neurologist tomorrow afternoon as a follow up.  I guess we'll see what he says then.  I think I'm gonna go look for a second opinion from someplace too.  I have been looking in Fayetteville and Little Rock. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good Neurologist?  I have a preference of someone that is easy to understand and whose name is easy to pronounce :) But other than that, I just want someone who is really good and is comfortable with rare disorders like Intracranial Hypertention.

No comments:

Post a Comment